Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Noisy Neighbors and Apartment Living: Ah, The Fun!

I remember when apartment living seemed like a dream come true. My own balcony and laundry area! What could possibly go wrong?

Unfortunately for me, this is the "real world", where good things don't last long. I remember the snowy day when I saw the boys next door move in, with what seemed like an endless supply of computers and electronic equipment. The all too familiar "BA-BOOM" of bass permeated the walls and my very brain. Noisy neighbors indeed!

Were the boys next door so ignorant as to not understand that apartment living comes bundled with walls so thin that the Kool-Aid guy would be smashing through them in his sleep? Or perhaps my noisy neighbors had already destroyed their eardrums at one too many Jonas Brothers concerts?

I thought about confronting the noisy neighbors, but then I remembered how well that plan had worked in 2007, when my car magically fell apart a few days later. Calling management didn't seem to help either, as they simply called the noisy neighbors and informed them of my treachery, leading to a confrontation with the police. Apartment living..

I started scheming up a way to get one of those devices that destroys electronics; you know like the one they used in Ocean's 11. However, there didn't seem to be an abundance of EMP equipment in "the middle of nowhere" Pennsylvania, so that option was off the table. Maybe the Amish could help me?

In a last effort caffeine-powered brainstorming session, I finally came up with the solution to dealing with the noisy neighbors from hell; earplugs! No, not one pair of earplugs, but the biggest value pack I could find online. Finally, I'd found a way to cope with apartment living!

Because when it comes to the boys next door, there's no better way to deal with the situation than using "middle child" finesse: Ignore the problem and it will eventually go away! Well either that or you will die from the stress. Either way, you won't hear us complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment