Saturday, August 6, 2011

Memory Foam Mattress: Sleep Better and Save Money

Recently I started shopping for a new mattress, after my 12 year old spring mattress started sagging to the floor. It's funny because you get used to sleeping on something, and don't realize how terrible it is. My old mattress squeaked and I could feel the supports of it when laying down... not such a good thing. Most mornings I would wake up with a sore back because my bed sagged so much that it provided no support.

So... off to the mall I went, eager to find this new mattress. I was not looking forward to spending $1000+ on something decent, or to moving furniture all over the place in my tiny apartment. Unfortunately, I was only more confused after leaving the mall... So many brands, so many levels of comfort, and then these new memory foam mattresses to wonder about.. Only $3000+ for the nice ones! Wow!

Fortunately after getting home I did some internet research. I was again overwhelmed and confused,until I found this site, which reviews brands and types of mattresses based on feedback from consumers themselves. Wow, somebody really did their homework here..
What becomes obvious almost immediately when reading sleeplikethedead.com, is how memory foam mattresses are superior in almost every way... I was skeptical, so I found one of the most popular brands (Spa Sensations) and decided to do some more research.

Over to Walmart's website I went, where they apparently sold this brand of memory foam mattress. To my amazement, the product received incredibly high reviews, and even better, the price was astonishing... $200-300 for the larger sizes! That's $500+ off of purchasing a major brand name spring mattress. I made my decision almost immediately, and purchased a California King size memory foam mattress from Spa Sensations (again, sold online at Walmart).

The package comes sealed in a box that one person can carry, and once taken out the mattress expands. This makes it incredibly easy to transport compared to a full sized spring mattress. I've been sleeping on mine for 7+ months, and it supports your body very well.. You won't wake up with creaks in your back or stiff arms.. It's firm and supportive.

So I would highly recommend to anyone to seriously look into these knockoff memory foam mattresses. Tempurpedic may have started the trend, but they overcharge big time.. Don't waste your money unless you're an elitist and have cash to throw away. I'm pretty damn picky myself, and the Spa Sensations memory foam mattress is awesome.. Just give it a try, you won't regret saving $500.
PS - Yes I have to thanks a certain friend here who recommended a memory foam mattress far before I ever did any research. I laughed and told him I would never buy one. Time to eat my words I guess..

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting story , in this story we will get information to save money.also its very funny story .

    ReplyDelete