Saturday, August 6, 2011

What's The Deal With People Driving Giant Trucks and SUVs?

OK seriously what's the deal with all these people driving around over-sized pickup trucks, and in a recession of all times? I remember back in the 90's when they started getting carried away with SUVs.. Remember the Ford Explorer? Oh, then we had the EXCURSION, the SUBURBAN, those ridiculous cars that had like 8 seats in them. Why not just buy a bus?

I had a friend in high school who used to make fun of these giant vehicles with me. He told me that they might as well come out with a "Ford Idiot", the biggest SUV EVER! I had a girlfriend with parents who would have bought one of those in a second. I mean these people aren't even using all the cargo space for anything. It's just a giant empty vehicle for them to drive around for no apparent reason.

Anyway, back to the trucks. It seems like everywhere I go some assclown pulls up in a MASSIVE pickup truck and parks so close to me he has to exit via the passenger side window. Then you have those crazy rednecks who need to back into every damn parking space perfectly as if a panel of judges is watching the exercise.

Similarly those tiny cars piss me off as well. The "Smart Car"? Could it look any more ridiculous? The thing looks like somebody put the "Ford Idiot" into a compactor for a few hours. Well people can do whatever they want.. I'm going to continue driving around my boring looking 35mpg sedan because it's sensible. Everyone else can keep driving around massive pickups like they are going to work at a rock quarry. But we all know they probably work in some crappy office just like the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment