Friday, March 12, 2010

So I Was Uploading Music To YouTube..

A few days ago I came up with the brilliant plan of making "fake" rap videos using a cartoon called "Beast Wars: Transformers" from the 90's, and some of my favorite rap songs. I would then upload these priceless videos to YouTube for millions of awestruck spectators to enjoy!

Only one problem; it seems that YouTube isn't in the business of hosting videos OR music anymore, unless it was made in your garage. Here in the "land of the free", it's now impossible to upload almost any song to YouTube, as background music for any video. Thanks to a new technology that probably cost millions to develop, YouTube and other similar sites now flag pretty much all copyrighted content, then delete your videos, mute them, or block them in certain countries.

In order for me to upload my videos, I was forced to change the pitch of the songs (ruin them) until they sounded like they were being played underwater. You just have to laugh at the resources some companies or even countries will put into such a worthless cause. Until people learn how to load their iPod up with songs from YouTube, I think the music industry needs to get their heads out of their asses and realize that it's free advertising! Some of them have already done this, but YouTube these days is still a disaster. I would say at least 10% of my 200 favorites have been deleted thanks to this wonderful new copyright system.

I know plenty of people who stopped buying music when iTunes came around and you could only download DRM protected music. That was the wonderful (5+ year?) stretch where your iTunes collection was locked down so that you couldn't do anything with your music. Finally a year or two ago iTunes removed the DRM nonsense, and I know that's when I started buying music on iTunes again. At least until they decided to change to that shady price scheme last year.

This latest YouTube bullshit inspires me to once again cease purchasing music from iTunes and anywhere. Of course I would *cough* never condone music piracy. The music industry just keep screwing themselves over by playing this hardball game.. Suing individual people? How pathetic will they get? What was that latest case with the single mother who was ordered to pay ($50 million???) LOL, wow sometimes you have to love this country and the crap corporations and the government get away with..

No comments:

Post a Comment